Monday, 17 October 2011

MINDMAPPING

I had a go at mapping out my general train of ideas, since it seems more intuitive (and entertaining) than just writing everything out.
One turning point was the realisation that last year's independent study, which (I like to think) was cohesive and sensible in practice, seems confusing and disparate when considered in its component parts. A lot of it hinged on things that sound irrelevant, like my musical interests. If that project was successful in the end, more sensible than the sum of its parts, how hard can it be to make this one come together?
Though quite tenuous and still up-in-the-air at the end, I think an aim is being arrived at. Rather than trying to look at a subject as broad as "new versus old/digital versus traditional media", with the things I like/want to do drifting somewhere alongside, I hope having an over-arching theme of something I enjoy and am always interested in (books) will give me the focus I need, like music and picture books were my guiding influences last year despite having to consider many other issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment