Tuesday, 25 October 2011

THE BOOK COVER ARCHIVE

""The Book Cover Archive, for the appreciation and categorization of excellence in book cover design."
This is a brilliant resource - not just for book covers, but for inspiration in general. I am not at all design-savvy or a particularly smart, lateral thinker, so nearly every cover on there is a marvel to me. I do still hope to produce some book-cover-related work for this module - I have done several for previous coursework briefs but never quite managed to "click" with it and produce work I am confident in.

2 comments:

  1. Have a look at this link Marisa, could be of interest...I had a couple of students shortlisted last year & there is a lovely awards evening on the Strand in London...if you don't try, you never know!?

    http://www.penguin.co.uk/static/cs/uk/0/minisites/penguindesignaward/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, I'll bear it in mind! Could be something to do for next year.

    ReplyDelete