Tuesday, 8 November 2011

COMING UP NEXT

I will be taking a closer look at the covers of books I have recently read - books that I am familiar with, have enjoyed, and are still fresh in my mind - to steer myself on the route to a practical project. The selection might look arbitrary as a result, but all the books would at least have some immediate relevance to me. I am aiming to choose books that have been in print for a couple of decades, at least, to see how their covers have developed in the light of changing media, with a primary focus on U.K. edition covers.

I have a loose idea of what I would like to do in terms of practical work - illustrate (or re-illustrate) a book cover that I do not feel has done its subject justice, with due consideration for new media and digital retail - and this should help clarify my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment